Impurrfectlife.com celebrates one year anniversary! It has been one year ago this month since I started this blog. My how time flies. If you haven’t heard how this blog came to be, check out one of my early posts called “What is Impurrfectlife?”. In an effort to help myself and help others, taking time to document the process of grieving after the loss of my youngest cat Dusty has really helped in more ways than I imagined.
Accomplishments & Lessons Learned
- In the first year of blogging I’ve learned that my intention and reason to start blogging remains unchanged. I was searching for answers and looking for validation for my feelings when I first lost my pet. I wanted to help provide a resource for people to access and get inspiration too. I’ve discovered people from the United Kingdom all the way to New York City enjoy my point of view and have not only gained information, but a fresh perspective they too can identify with. This provides a sense of comfort and validation. That’s my goal. As I’ve said before, we are in this together as grieving pet parents and also beloved animal lovers.
- Aside from meeting new people (virtually and physically), I really have to thank my loyal readers for your encouragement and support. It is really appreciated. Life is busy and you could be doing so many other things with your time, yet you take 5 minutes out your busy day to follow my blog. I appreciate it and thank you. Building a community of like-minded people and developing relationships is an unexpected joy I discovered and am grateful for.
- Thirdly, I’ve discovered that not only is blogging therapeutic but it has been fun. Hard hard work, but fun just the same. I look forward to blogging and sharing my experiences and also enjoy reading information from other bloggers with important issues to share.
- Another bonus about my journey is my ability to share my secret passion of art and painting. If you follow my Instagram account, you’ll see I like to share pieces of my art from time to time. I’m no Picasso however painting brings me joy and allows for yet another avenue for creative expression and healing.
- Last but not least, I’ve realized that I have improved my skills but have so much more to learn and improve along the way and that’s exciting. It’s been great to learn from like-minded animal lovers and bloggers in this journey.
- Collectively with everything I’ve learned, I ‘ve discovered that this process of blogging, connecting and sharing experiences has truly helped me in the healing process and brought inspiration and joy to my life. Ironically, these are the very things I hope to provide others.
What does the future hold for Impurrfectlife.com?
As for goals ahead, I just want to continue to provide good content that helps others, including more personal photos and eventually video.
- Continue to build relationships with my readers and fellow bloggers.
- Attend BlogPaws conference next year!
- Continue my journey to healing, including the physical (that’ll be another blog post) !
- I have more free giveaways to come!! Grow my Facebook store and provide more products for animal lovers to share and gift to others.
- And last but certainly not least, I will adopt again. I cannot imagine continuing this journey called life without rescuing a furry friend and giving them a loving home to share.
After one year I have learned much and look forward to continuing this journey to healing and sharing with you all. Thanks so much for your support. As a big thank you, I will be having a summer giveaway soon. So stay tuned!
Don’t miss out for your chance to win free stuff from my next giveaway! Subscribe today.
Comment & share below. How has Impurrfectlife.com helped you? What would you like to see more of?