Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
While I was out and about running errands last month I developed an appetite. Since I was away from home and on the move, I wanted a filling yet light snack to keep me going. I stopped by a smoothie place on the way home and decided to try something new. Hmm….looking at the menu board was a bit overwhelming with all the options. However the word peanut butter stuck out at me. Hmm…. I like peanut butter and that has protein too. I’ll give that a try. So I ordered a peanut butter banana smoothie. Yum! The smoothie tasted like a dessert.
I knew I had to try this myself at home; hence the following recipe. I decided to try ingredients I thought would make the same result and bam! Success! I always have these ingredients in my house so that’s a bonus. If you like sweet savory treats, peanut butter or banana, give this smoothie a whirl.
- 1 c. Ice
- 2 heaping Tbsp. Peanut Butter (Creamy)
- 2 c. Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp. Honey or Stevia
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 sm. Banana
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Nutribullet with Large blending cup or High Speed Blender
- Add the banana (sliced) and ice to container
- Next add almond milk
- Lastly add honey/stevia, cinnamon and Peanut butter
- Blend in Nutribullet or high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass for serving. Add whipped cream if desired.
Makes two servings.
Give it a try and let me know what you think. Don’t forget to share!