In today’s post, I’m bringing something a little different. As you know Impurrfectlife focuses on healing, inspiration and comfort after pet loss, however I also want to encourage others to have a little fun. Part of having fun for me includes everything from outdoor adventures, getaway trips, DIY, art and food! If you read my recent blog post called It’s Officially Autumn and I have a few Confessions, I talk about my goals for 2017 and my progress thus far. If you are like me, fitness and exercise is a challenge. But exercise is only half the battle, what we eat is just as important. In an effort to change up my recent routine of pasta, I figured I would try something new. So, with this in mind, I’m going to share one of my favorite simple recipes; My Tasty Flatbread Pizza Recipe.
If you love fresh or Italian food, I think you’ll love this! With the exception of the flatbread, it uses whole real foods. No fast food, no excess sugar or junk, just goodness. Let’s get started.
My Tasty Flatbread Pizza Recipe
Supplies you’ll need:
- Foil paper
- Baking sheet
- Sharp knife & Cutting Board
- Oven Mitten
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Whole Wheat Flatbread (Approx. 10” x 10”)
- 1 ½ C. Organic baby spinach
- 1 C. Organic grape tomatoes
- 1 C. Organic Mozzarella cheese
- Organic Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder (optional)
- Black Pepper (optional)
- Nonstick spray
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Take Baking sheet and line with foil paper. Spray foil paper evenly with non-stick spray.
- Take 1 flatbread sheet and place on center of baking sheet.
- Take 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and drizzle evenly on flatbread. Distribute the olive oil on the flatbread using the back of spoon.
- Next, Lay 1 ½ C. of baby spinach on top of flat bread evenly.
- Next, cut in quarters or dice 1 C. grape tomatoes and sprinkle on top of flatbread with spinach evenly.
- Take 1 C. of Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle evenly on flatbread, spinach and tomato. Be sure to spread close to the edges as well.
- Take 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and drizzle on the flatbread one last time.
- Lastly, season with 2-3 pinches of garlic powder and black pepper as desired (optional).
- Next, place the baking sheet with flatbread in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flatbread is done when the cheese if fully melted and the edges are browned/crispy.
- After 15 minutes, use an oven mitt and take the flatbread out of the oven and rest on stove top. Be careful HOT!
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut flatbread into pieces. Serving size make 4 slices or you can treat as a personal size flatbread pizza for yourself.
Flatbread is hot, so be careful and enjoy! Do you like flatbread recipes? Hope you are able to give this one a try. Comment and share your thoughts below.