A special guest post & infographic by TopDogTips.com- “A site that helps new and veteran dog owners make informed decisions about their pets’ health, care and products based on advice from the experts.”
Dogs often accompany their pet parents on their water excursions, as both humans and dogs love frolicking in the water. However, many a time after such outing, pet owners will be puzzled to see their dogs fall sick instantly within a few hours and they won’t know the reason for it. There could be many things that can harm your dog when in a water body like a lake, river, pond, or sea like toxic algae, salmon poisoning, parasites in stagnant waters, jellyfish bites, etc. All these can prove fatal to your dog.
Also, another important issue is water intoxication. While wading in fresh water, your dog can ingest a large quantity of water which can cause hyponatremia in a dog. It can lead to the dog being lethargic, disoriented, or having episodes of vomiting, etc. If the dog ingests seawater, it can lead to hypernatremia which can also harm the dog in many ways. Hence as a pet owner, you must know what precautions you can take before you take your dog out to play in the water. If an emergency situation occurs it is important for pet parents to know what home treatment can be given before taking it to the vet. The complete detail can be found in our infographic below on water intoxication in dogs. Hopefully, this will help you learn how to deal with it.
To read more in depth about water intoxication in dogs visit TopDogTips.com site here.
Did you enjoy this guest post and infographic? Did you know about water intoxiction in dogs before? Have you learned something new? Comment and share your thoughts below. Be sure to share this informative post with a dog-loving friend!