15 Quotes that Remind Us why Dogs are Awesome
So if you know me then you know that I am more of a cat person than a dog person. However, I definitely have to give credit where credit is due. There is a reason why dog is viewed my many as man’s best friend. I’m an animal lover through and through. So today’s inspiring post is a shout out to those furry companions that support us in all aspects of life including special areas like helping the blind, working with law enforcement and companions for special needs children. Check out these 15 quotes that remind us why dogs are awesome.
- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. –Josh Billings
- There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.—Ben Williams
- One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you’re feeling blue is that he doesn’t try to find out why.
- Happiness is a warm puppy.
—Charles M. Schulz
- If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
- My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog thinks I am.” -Anonymous
- It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog. -Mark Twain
- You know, a dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of. -Jill Abramson
- My dog doesn’t worry about the meaning of life. She may worry if she doesn’t get her breakfast, but she doesn’t sit around worrying about whether she will get fulfilled or liberated or enlightened. As long as she gets some food and a little affection, her life is fine. -Joko Beck
- People always joke that ‘dog’ spells ‘god’ backwards. They should consider that it might be the higher power coming down to see just how well they do, what kind of people they are. The animals are right here, right in front of us. And how we treat these companions is a test. -Linda Blair
- Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life. -James Cromwell
- A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad. -Robert Wagne
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
― Roger A. Caras
- “No matter how close we are to another person, few human relationships are as free from strife, disagreement, and frustration as is the relationship you have with a good dog. Few human beings give of themselves to another as a dog gives of itself. I also suspect that we cherish dogs because their unblemished souls make us wish – consciously or unconsciously – that we were as innocent as they are, and make us yearn for a place where innocence is universal and where the meanness, the betrayals, and the cruelties of this world are unknown.”
― Dean Koontz, A Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog
- “Dogs are minor angels, and I don’t mean that facetiously. They love unconditionally, forgive immediately, are the truest of friends, willing to do anything that makes us happy, etcetera. If we attributed some of those qualities to a person we would say they are special. If they had ALL of them, we would call them angelic. But because it’s “only” a dog, we dismiss them as sweet or funny but little more. However when you think about it, what are the things that we most like in another human being? Many times those qualities are seen in our dogs every single day– we’re just so used to them that we pay no attention.” ― Jonathan Carroll
Sources: Brainy Quote , Goodreads
Let me know your favorite quote. Is there another quote you would add? Share and comment below!