If you are looking to incorporate fresh raw foods and vegetarian choices in your diet this post is for you. I’m a huge fan of Italian food and comfort foods however, many of those classic dishes like Alfredo Pastas and southern style macaroni and cheese are not so healthy but rather loaded with fat. In my last recipe post My Flatbread Pizza Recipe, I received great feedback. So today, I’m going to share with you another new simple recipe. I was inspired to create this recipe surfing Pinterest for vegetarian options. I came across veggie wraps and figured I’d incorporate my own choices. So while completing the food shopping this past weekend I picked up some new items to try and whipped together my spicy southwestern vegetarian wrap.
Spicy Southwestern Vegetarian Wrap
Tools you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Table spoon
- Cutting knife
- Baby Spinach
- Tomato Basil Wrap
- Grape Tomatoes
- Butternut Squash noodles
- Zucchini noodles
- Roasted Corn & Guacamole Dip
- (Salt/Pepper – optional)
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- Lay out your cutting board and take out one wrap from the packaging. Lay on the center of the board.
- Take 2 Tbsp of Guacamole dip and spread evenly on the wrap.
- Take 1 small handful of baby spinach and spread evenly on wrap.
- Next, take a few butternut squash noodles and spread evenly on wrap.
- Repeat this same step and take a few zucchini noodles and spread evenly on wrap.
- Chop up 3 grape tomatoes and spread on wrap
- Season with a pinch of salt/pepper if desired (optional)
- Lastly roll up your wrap tight, tucking in the edges as best you can along the way. Cut the wrap in half using your cutting knife.
- Serve and enjoy!
That’s it! This was my first time trying butternut squash and raw zucchini. The roasted corn & guacamole dip was the perfect bit of southwestern flavor and spice. I’m a lightweight when it comes to spice so I had a small portion of ranch dressing on the side to help tame the spice. This was quite yummy and it made for a nice light lunch or satisfying snack. I like how easy this recipe is to make. I’m happy I made the choice to try new veggies and it turned out successful. You can tweak this recipe and try using different veggies if you wish. I hope you enjoy and give it a try.
Do you like wraps too? Comment and share below.