We all experience difficult times. Some events change our lives forever and others signify endings and new beginnings. Whether you are experiencing loss of a pet, loss of a loved one, loss of a job, or something else unexpected, just realize you are much stronger than you realize. You will get through tough times. No one said life was easy; but it’s definitely worth it. To help shed some perspective and a little inspiration, here are several quotes to help remind you that you are much stronger than you may give yourself credit for. Check out the list below and let me know which one is your favorite.
15 Quotes to remind you that you are stronger than you think!
- No matter what kind of challenges or difficulties or painful situations you go through in your life, we all have something deep within us that we can reach down and find the inner strength to get through them. – Alana Stewart
- When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways – either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength. Thanks to the teachings of Buddha, I have been able to take this second way. – Dalai Lama
- With the proper motivation, you can do anything. I was just a poor kid that ate pork and beans out of a can and apple sauce. I went from rags to riches. But it does take a lot of determination, inner strength, drive, and discipline.- Lee Haney
- I have watched men suffer the anguish of imprisonment, defy appalling human cruelty… break for a moment, then recover inhuman strength to defy their enemies once more. -John McCain
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ -Eleanor Roosevelt
- The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. -Thomas Paine
- We don’t even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome.- Isabel Allende
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. – Mother Teresa
- Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.- Hermann Hesse
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. – Barbara De Angelis
- I feel like it’s always about embracing what it is that you think is wrong with you. It’s often times your greatest ‘flaw’ which actually forays into what is also your greatest strength. – Olivia Thirlby
- Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. – Carol Burnett
- Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – Francis of Assisi
- There are two great days in a person’s life; the day we are born and the day we discover why. – William Barclay
If you like these quotes, you should also check out my other post 20 Quotes to help you remember to keep hope alive.
Share your thoughts
Did any of these quotes resonate with you? Let me know which one is your favorite. Comment and share your thoughts below.
Quote Sources: www.Brainyquote.com
Originally published November 2017. Updated 2021.