In light of recent events happening in this country and abroad from hurricanes to terrorist attacks, I felt it important to share some positivity and words of comfort. I think we need it. Although there is great tragedy happening all over the world, I have to try to remember in the grand scheme of things that although darkness and evil exist, we should not let it snuff out the light in this world. Whether you know someone who has fallen victim to the recent terror attacks, survived one of the hurricanes, suffered the loss of a pet or experienced any other monumental dark period in life, I’d like to share some words of comfort. Don’t let the negativity of the world and the actions of others determine your outlook on life. Here are several quotes to help you remember to keep hope alive.
20 Quotes to help you Remember keep Hope alive
- Your path is illuminated by the light Yet darkness lets the stars shine bright.-J.L.W. Brooks
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. -Tecumseh
- It is not light that we need, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake. – Frederick Douglass
- On one hand, we know that everything happens for a reason, and there are no mistakes or coincidences. On the other hand, we learn that we can never give up, knowing that with the right tools and energy, we can reverse any decree or karma. So, which is it? Let the Light decide, or never give up? The answer is: both. – Yehuda Berg
- I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death. – Robert Fulghum
- Our uniqueness, our individuality, and our life experience molds us into fascinating beings. I hope we can embrace that. I pray we may all challenge ourselves to delve into the deepest resources of our hearts to cultivate an atmosphere of understanding, acceptance, tolerance, and compassion. We are all in this life together. – Linda Thompson
- You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own. – Michelle Obama
- You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for his own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful.- Marie Curie
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.- Albert Einstein
- Darkness comes. In the middle of it, the future looks blank. The temptation to quit is huge. Don’t. You are in good company… You will argue with yourself that there is no way forward. But with God, nothing is impossible. He has more ropes and ladders and tunnels out of pits than you can conceive. Wait. Pray without ceasing. Hope.- John Piper
- There is more power in unity than division. – Emanuel Cleaver
- The good in this world far outweighs the evil. Our common humanity transcends our differences, and our most effective response to terror is compassion, it’s unity, and it’s love. – Loretta Lynch
- We don’t even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome. -Isabel Allende
- It’s ironic that when you go through a tragedy, you appreciate more. You realize how fragile life is and that there are so many things to still be thankful for.- Adam Grant
- Life is full of happiness and tears; be strong and have faith..- Kareena Kapoor Khan
- It’s important to think good, speak good, and do good. If we want to see positive change in the world, then we need to connect to goodness. I try in everything I do, both in business and philanthropy, to make a positive change and do that by doing good. – Shari Arison
- Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. -Norman Cousins
- Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is! -Dita Von Teese
- In this life, we have to make many choices. Some are very important choices. Some are not. Many of our choices are between good and evil. The choices we make, however, determine to a large extent our happiness or our unhappiness, because we have to live with the consequences of our choices. -James E. Faust
Did any of these quotes resonate with you? Which one is your favorite? If you like inspirational quotes, check out 15 Quotes to make you Smile. Comment and share your thoughts below.
Quote Sources: https://www.brainyquote.com/ and http://www.wiseoldsayings.com/light-quotes