It’s the start of a brand new month and February happens to be Black history month. I thought it would be fun to share more inspirational content from a different perspective. I know you enjoy uplifting and inspiring content. So for the month of February (and beyond), I’ll be incorporating more life quotes from influential people in Black history. Check out these 10 inspirational quotes from Black leaders in history below. Let me know if any of these quotes resonate with you.
10 Inspirational quotes from Black leaders in history
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute.” – Thurgood Marshall
- “A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” – Jackie Robinson
- “My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.” – Desmond Tutu
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “It isn’t where you come from; it’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
- “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
- “History has shown us that courage can be contagious, and hope can take on a life of its own. –Michelle Obama
Source: Southern Living.com