LOVE YOUR PET DAY – 20 QUOTES TO CELEBRATE OUR PETS
As a pet lover and cat mom, I adored my cats Precious and Dusty. Well, as a matter of fact, they were just my fur kids. Pets are family after all. Did you know that February 20th is Love Your Pet Day? The origin of this day is unknown however this special day is meant for us to pamper our furry companions with extra special love and attention. I am sure if you are like me you spoil your pets every day. However, in keeping up with the positive inspiring words of comfort, here are 20 quotes to celebrate our pets in honor of Love your Pet day. Enjoy!
- “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.”—Gilda Radner
- “I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.”—Jean Cocteau
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”—Anatole France
- “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.”—Colette
- “Time spent with cats is never wasted.”—Sigmund Freud
- “If you don’t have a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you. But there may be something wrong with your life.”—Vincent Van Gogh
- “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.” –James Cromwell
- “Sometimes, your pet picks you.” – Julie Wenzel
- “I think having an animal in your life makes you a better human.” –Rachael Ray
- “You cannot share your life with a dog…or a cat, and not know perfectly well that animals have personalities and minds and feelings.” – Jane Goodall
- “Pets have more love and compassion in them than most humans.” –Robert Wagner
- “Animals have a much better attitude to life and death than we do. They know when their time has come. We are the ones that suffer when they pass, but it’s a healing kind of grief that enables us to deal with other griefs that are not so easy to grab hold of.” – Emmylou Harris
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
- “If I could be half the person my dog is, I’d be twice the human I am.” – Charles Yu
- “Sometimes losing a pet is more painful than losing a human because in the case of the pet, you were not pretending to love it.” – Amy Sedaris
- “Pets understand humans better than humans do.” – Ruchi Prabhu
- “Those who love dogs, know something about God.” – Fakeer Ishavardas
- “Pets bring vital energy to our homes and lives. Pets communicate many messages about love and connection. Care tenderly for all pets throughout their precious lives. The interspecies dance of love softens and expands the heart.” – Laura Staley
- “Indeed, there is nothing on this earth more peaceful than a sleeping, purring cat.” – Jonathon Scott Payne
- “If you accept that pets can love us as much as we do them, then the logic is clear and cannot be denied. If you believe that there is a heaven for people, then they must be there, waiting for us, when we cross over. Heaven is love, and pets always share that with us.” – Wallace Sife
Did most of these quotes resonate with you? Let me know which one is your favorite? Do you have another favorite quote to share? Let me know in the comments below.
Don’t forget to pin this post!