How I make my guilt free zucchini squash chips
Hey guys! It’s Feature Friday time and you know every now and then I like to mix things up. You all seem to be quite fond of my easy to make healthy recipes so I will continue to deliver. This past week I decided to try something new (naturally). Truth be told I’ve never been much of a chip person; unless I’m having a sandwich, I must have chips! But I know many people who love to snack on chips any time of day. So, seeing how many are watching their carbs and sugar these days, I decided to share this easy low carb recipe I found on Pinterest. Of course, I have to revamp things and make it my way. So, for anyone who loves a nice crunch of a chip but without the guilt, today I’ll tell you how I make my guilt free Zucchini squash chips!
Tools You’ll need
- Cutting board
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cutting Knife/Slicer
- Measuring cup
Ingredients You’ll Need
1 Zucchini Squash
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Note: Feel free to swap out the mozzarella /cheddar cheese for the type of cheese you prefer (i.e.: Parmesan, American, etc.)
- Preheat oven @ 425 degrees
- Rinse off the zucchini
- Using the cutting board and a sharp cutting knife, slice the zucchini in thin 1/8-inch slices
- Take a baking sheet and lay a sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Neatly place the zucchini slices on the baking tray. (Depending on how big your zucchini squash is, you may need to spread the slices on 2 baking trays)
- Next, sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Lastly, take about ½ c. (or 1 small handful) of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle on top of the tray of zucchini. Repeat this same step with the sharp cheddar cheese too.
- Place the tray(s) in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Wait until the cheese is dark golden brown before removing from the oven. You can wait 5 minutes extra until the cheese is browning or dark for extra crispy texture. (I like mine this way)
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes before removing chips from the tray with a spatula and plating. Serves 1-2 people.
- Enjoy your crispy zucchini chips as a nice afternoon snack without the guilt or extra carbs!
Do you like chips? Are you a fan of low carb recipes? Will you give this recipe a try? Comment and share your thoughts below.
If you like easy tasty recipes, check out my other recipes below