If you are looking to find a low carb breakfast recipe then this post is for you. Have you found that you have fallen out of your healthy routine after experiencing stress or a life changing event? Has your diet suffered as a result? Are you looking to turn things around? Are you trying to reduce sugar in your diet? Do you need to reduce carbs? Are you looking for a little variety in your routine? Are you searching for a healthy breakfast alternative? This recipe is for you.
As a person who is continuously trying to improve my eating habits, this is one recipe I have grown to love. I admit I am a chocolate and carb person by nature so eating higher protein and vegetables at breakfast time instead of a muffin or bagel is an improvement. Small collective changes over time do make a difference. Consistency is key. With that said, here is one recipe you may want to give a try at breakfast.
Low Carb Breakfast -Veggie & Cheese Egg Bake Recipe
- 13 x 9 inch glass oven pan
- 1 fork
- 1 small bowl
- Non-stick spray
- 1 frying pan
- 1 spatula
- Cutting board
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 tomato chopped
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/5 Green bell pepper (chopped)
- Pinch of Salt (optional)
- Pinch of Onion Powder (optional)
- Pinch of Black Pepper (optional)
- Pinch of Paprika (optional)
Serves 2-3 people
- Prepare by spraying your 13 x 9 inch pan with non-stick spray. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Set pan to the side.
- Take 2 large handfuls of baby spinach (rinsed) and put into non-stick frying pan. Turn on heat to medium high and cook spinach until it starts to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Using a spatula remove the spinach from pan and spread evenly in glass 13 x 9 inch pan
- Next, chop tomato and green pepper and spread evenly in pan on top of spinach.
- Crack eggs and put into a small bowl and add any salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder as desired. Using a fork, mix well in bowl, and then pour contents evenly over ingredients in 13 x 9 pan.
- Lastly, spread the mozzarella cheese and sharp cheddar cheese evenly over ingredients in the 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Place 13 x 9 pan (uncovered) onto the center rack in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- The egg bake is finished when the egg is completely cooked through and not liquid. The edges of the egg bake will start to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven (while using your oven mitts) when done and allow to cool for a minute or so. You can now cut the egg bake into six squares. This recipe makes 6 squares 4 x 3 inches each. Serving size is good for 2-3 people.
- Serve and enjoy.
You can serve this with a side of fruit with tea for a great breakfast, low in carbs and high in protein and veggies. You can alter or make this recipe with your own fine touches by adding or deleting ingredients you love. Cheers to good health!
If you are a fan of easy recipes, check out another popular favorite My Tasty Flatbread Pizza Recipe!
Comment and share below. Do you like low carb breakfast recipes? What’s your favorite breakfast recipe?
Original post published July 2016, post updated Feb. 2018